Here is a summary of our upcoming events:
- Registration for ScienCon, held in-person in Poland between March 31st – April 3rd, with close on February 20th. ScienCon is a unique 4-day event where physics students from all over the world are given the time, space and support to plan their future scientific career! There will also be cultural trips, guest lectures and much more.
- The International Day of Light (IDL, May 16th) celebrates light and the role it plays in science, culture and art, education, and sustainable development. IAPS is a high-level Endorsing Partner on the IDL Steering Team and will support IDL events from our NCs and LCs during the month of May with the Light Grant of up to 300€.
- The Physics League Across Numerous Countries for Kickass Students (PLANCKS) will take place in a hybrid format in Munich, Germany between May 5th-8th. National preliminaries are well underway, with up to 80 teams competing for their country’s spot in the international final!
- The International Physicists’ Tournament will take place between the 9th-14th May in Colombia. The IAPS EC and IPT ExeCom are closely working together to formally make the IPT an IAPS Major Event.
- IAPS has been allocated 25 spots with funded accommodation at the EPS Forum, held in-person in Paris between the 2nd and 4th of June 2022! This is a very exciting event with multiple Nobel laureates, cutting-edge physics and a focus on supporting students and recent graduates. Apply here by 23:59 UTC, February 19th.
- The 2022 edition of the International Conference for Physics Students (ICPS), IAPS’ founding event, will take place online from Mexico between July 28th-August 4th.
- IAPS is part of the International Advisory Committee of the International Year of Basic Sciences for Sustainable Development (IYBSSD) 2022, which was recently proclaimed by the UN General Assembly. Many events are coming your way, stay tuned!
- We also have recurring events such as online socials and the monthly mental health check-in, held on our Discord server at 2pm UTC on the first Sunday of each month.
- Many more events are being planned, including IAPS4, IAPS2CERN and some advocacy events. Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date with our latest opportunities.
Other ways to get involved:
- Join our community on social media.
- Apply to become the new IT Manager in the IAPS Executive Committee for the remainder of the 2021-2022 EC Term. The election will be held online on April 10th.
- Become a Meeting Official (Chair, Minute Taker or Teller) during our upcoming Extraordinary General Meeting held at 1pm UTC on Sunday the 10th of April. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to volunteer or if you have questions.
- If you have graduated from a degree in physics or a related subject and are interested in mentoring an IAPS student, sign up here. This is an easy and non time-consuming way to really help and connect with someone.
- Join a Working Group. IAPS Working Groups currently have record levels of engagement! Working groups can be joined throughout the year and are the perfect low-commitment way to try out IAPS leadership.