Working groups for the 2021-2022 term have now been launched! These are a great low-commitment way to get more involved with IAPS. See a full list below:
- The Advocacy & Outreach working group spreads the joy of physics to students around the world and uses the IAPS platform to speak up for students who need it.
- The PR working group keeps students engaged and informed in the IAPS community, through creative posts, initiatives and campaigns.
- The Recruitment working group aims to to make IAPS even more international, empowering students around the world to form student groups (IAPS Local and National Committees).
- The Members working group provides the backbone to the IAPS community and ensures that each National and Local Committee is getting all the support, help and value that IAPS can provide.
- The Events working group oversees events run by IAPS Local and National Committees, and also hosts many additional events, such as iaps2CERN and the IAPS Industry Talks.
- The Finances working group fundraises for IAPS initiatives and is crucial in ensuring that IAPS’ year-round events are possible.
- The IT working group maintains, updates and recreates IAPS’ IT infrastructure. With a new website, database and more platforms coming soon, there are many projects to get involved in.
- The External Relations working group maintains strong relationships with IAPS’ partners, makes the most of these partnerships and builds connections with new organisations.
- The Strategic Committee works to help IAPS reach its strategic goals. This working group is perfect for anyone with ideas for how things could be improved and excitement for what IAPS could become.
If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Working groups are a fantastic way to meet new people in IAPS, get involved in cool projects and increase your chances if you plan to run for any elected IAPS positions.
We will be holding a Working Group Fair on Kumospace at 14:00 – 15:00 UTC on Sunday the 26th of September (join here). It will be a good opportunity to speak with the working group leaders and ask any questions you may have.