- This event has passed.
jIAPS Article Contest 2016
June 4, 2016 - June 25, 2016
Don’t miss out on the opportunity of winning the participation fee for this year’s International Conference of Physics Students! If there’s a physics idea you’d like to share with your colleagues from all around the world, you have a chance to get it published in the journal of the IAPS (jIAPS) – and the best article will win the full ICPS2016 participation fee (and a place in history).
We will be receiving articles until 25 June 2016.
- The article must be written in English.
- Any equations should be represented using LaTeX.
- Any references must be made in APA or in bibTeX.
- One must submit a physics related scientific article in the range of 2-5 pages when images are included, specifically between 1500 to 3000 words.
- The deadline for the printed edition is 25 June 2016.
- Articles will be judged on how well the knowledge is converted into understandable language which is neither too complex nor too simplistic.
Winning the contest does not guarantee that you will have a place at ICPS, as that is subject to the Organising Committee’s decision. In case the winner cannot attend ICPS due to the fault or decision of the Organising Committee, the prize may be carried over for next year. The contest will not be held if we do not receive enough applications.
Non-scientific articles – e.g. on activites by our members – are also of interest to jIAPS and can have the same length as a scientific article.
Articles on student experiences – such as exchanges or internships – are also accepted and can be up to 1000 words.
All articles must be send to: jiaps(at)iaps(dot)info