International Day of Light 2019 Grant Call
For IAPS members to support the organization of activities around the International Day of Light
Scope: Following the success of the International Year of Light UNESCO has declared May 16 as annual International Day of Light (IDL). In this framework, IAPS offers financial support for activities taking place between May 13 and May 19, 2019. The activities should be open to the general public or a specific age group (eg. children in school).
The Executive Committee of IAPS has agreed to issue this call for proposals of up to 200 € per association for the organisation of an IDL event, with up to 1000 € given out by IAPS in total.
Applicants: The application must be submitted by an NC or an LC which has paid their membership fee in the academic year 2017/2018 or a probationary NC or LC which has paid their fee for the academic year 2018/2019.
An application must include:
- An event description (including descriptions of experiments or other setups)
- Contact details of the organizer (s)*
- A provisional budget, including other sources of financing
- The exact amount of money requested
Awarding and Report: The EC may decide to award less than the full amount applied for. In case the project is approved, IAPS will pay up to 50% of the awarded sum before the event and the rest after the event report has been submitted if requested. The event report should be in a publishable form, including at least two photographs from the event itself. Furthermore, the IAPS and IDL logo must be visible on all promotional materials made for the event, which will also be presented to the EC with the report (consult IAPS Guidelines for Promotion). Submitted materials will be free for use by IAPS in any promotion deemed appropriate by the EC.
In case the final report is not sent in within three months after the event, the grant is considered to be forfeited and the monies already received have to be paid back to IAPS.
- The project can be subsidized by only one IAPS Grant at a time.
- The grant will not cover 100% of all costs of the outreach activities (so be sure to list all costs and specify for which parts you need IAPS money)
- Applied activities must take place between May 13 and May 19, 2019.
Event preferences will be as follows:
- Financially smaller activities over big activities
- Events in multiple locations over a single location (for NCs only)
- Going outside of your city over not going (for LCs and NCs going to rural areas)
- Specific age groups over the general public
- Collaborations (with institutes, universities, other student association) are encouraged
The application deadline for this grant is May 12, 2019, 23:59 CET and applications should be sent to email@example.com. Applicants should be ready for a meeting with the EC in two weeks after that if necessary. Results should be delivered to the applicants soon after the application. Successful applicants can be announced publicly, with their permission.
International Association of Physics Students IAPS
*Name, university, email and phone number. In case of multiple local members of NC/LC applying together, multiple organisers can be named (eg. one per city). In this case, separated reports may be submitted if the NC/ LC desires.
Also pay attention to the IAPS terms and condition, and reimbursement guideline. They, together with the IAPS Contact Network and Newsletter should be mentioned during the registration of any IAPS event.