IAPS Outreach Grant Call 2018/2019
For IAPS members to support the organisation of outreach activities
Scope: The School Day has been introduced as a new IAPS event in 2015 and since then it has established itself. This year the IAPS EC wants to also support other outreach activities. In order not to neglect activities that were not thought of within the deadline to apply for the Science Outreach grant which has a set application deadline, IAPS offers financial support for educational and outreach events initiated after December 3, 2017. The activities should be open to the general public or a specific age group (children in school), or open to all IAPS members.
Events should either be a new project initiation, part of a development of an existing project or a knowledge exchange forum/ workshop as described below.
1. New project initiation (must start in IAPS financial year 2018/2019): the application is possible if a committee doesn’t have any science outreach projects or it wants to start a new one, separate from the one(s) it currently has. If it already has a project, the application should explain how this one differs.
2. Existing project development (added component must start in academic year 2018/2019): the application is possible if a committee wants to expand the scope of the project to more locations (eg. an NC expanding a national project to include more cities) or an existing project needs funding to replace equipment (modernization), or there is an added component to an event.
3. Knowledge exchange forums and workshops (IAPS financial year 2018/2019): the application is possible if a committee wants to share their best practices and organize a forum and/or workshop for all IAPS members or two committees want to meet for the same purpose.
The application must be submitted by an NC or an LC. For category 3, the project should be open to all IAPS members or two (or more) member committees should apply together.
The Executive Committee of IAPS has agreed to issue this call for proposals of up to 200€ per application.
The application must be submitted by an NC or an LC which has paid their membership fee in the academic year 2017/2018 or a probationary NC or LC which has paid their fee for the academic year 2018/2019.
An application must include:
- An event description (including descriptions of schedule and dates)
- Contact details of the organizer(s)*
- A provisional budget, including other sources of financing
- The exact amount of money requested
Awarding and Report:
The EC may decide to award less than the full amount applied for. In case the project is approved, IAPS will pay up to 50% of the awarded sum before the event and the rest after the event report has been submitted. The event report should be in a publishable form, including at least two photographs from the event itself. Furthermore, the IAPS logo must be visible on all promotional materials made for the event, which will also be presented to the EC with the report (consult IAPS Guidelines for Promotion). Submitted materials will be free for use by IAPS in any promotion deemed appropriate by the EC.
In case the final report is not sent in within three months after the event, the grant is considered to be forfeited and the monies already received have to be paid back to IAPS.
- The project can be subsidized by only one IAPS Grant at a time.
- The grant will not cover 100% of all costs of the activities (so be sure to list all costs and specify for which parts you need IAPS money)
- Applied activities must take place in the IAPS financial year 2018/19.
Event preferences will be as follows:
- Financially smaller activities over big activities
- Events in multiple locations over single location (for NCs only)
- Going outside of your city over not going (for LCs and NCs going to rural areas)
- Specific age groups over general public
- Collaborations (with institutes, universities, other student association) are encouraged
The application will be awarded on a rolling basis throughout the financial year 2017/18 and applications should be sent to email@example.com with firstname.lastname@example.org in cc. Applicants should be ready for a meeting with the EC within two weeks after the application was sent if necessary. The Executive Committee will decide about the grant in 28 days after receiving the application, so it is advisable to submit it in earlier than one month before the start of the project. The total amount that is awarded will be transferred at the latest one month after the report was received. Successful applicants can be announced publicly, with their permission.
International Association of Physics Students IAPS
*Name, university, email and phone number. In the case of multiple local members of NC/LC applying together, multiple organizers can be named (eg. one per city). In this case, separated reports may be submitted if the NC/ LC desires.
Also pay attention to the IAPS terms and condition, and reimbursement guideline. They, together with the IAPS Contact Network and Newsletter should be mentioned during the registration of any IAPS event.