IAPS School Day 2016 Grant Call
For IAPS members to support the organisation of School Day 2016 activities
The School Day has been voted in as a new initiative in outreach for the International Association of Physics Students (IAPS). As agreed by the AGM, the topic of the School Day 2016 is ‘environment and energy’. The activities should be open to the general public or a specific age group (children in school).
Since the topic changes and experimental setups need refreshing, the Executive Committee of the IAPS has agreed to issue this call for proposals of up to 500€ per association for the organisation of School Day, with up to 1500€ given out by the IAPS in total.
The application must be submitted by an NC or an LC which has paid their membership fee in the academic year 2015/2016 or a probationary NC or LC who has paid their fee for the academic year 2016/2017.
An application must include:
- An event description (with description of experiments or other setups)
- Contact details of the organiser(s)*
- A provisional budget, including other sources of financing
- The exact amount of money requested
Awarding and Report:
The EC may decide to award less than the full amount applied for. In case the project is approved, IAPS will pay up to 50% of the awarded sum before the event starts and the rest after the event report has been submitted. The event report should be in a publishable form, including at least two photographs from the event itself. Furthermore, the IAPS logo must be visible on all promotional materials made for the event, which will also be presented to the EC with the report (consult IAPS Guidelines for Promotion). Submitted materials will be free for use by IAPS in any promotion deemed appropriate by the EC. Monies will be paid only to the associations’ bank account (If applicant cannot provide an association bank account for monies to be paid into, the grant application will be considered as rejected).
- The project can be subsidized by only one IAPS Grant at a time.
- The grant will not cover 100% of all costs of the School Day activities (so be sure to list all costs and specify for which parts you need IAPS money)
- Applied activities must take place on November 10th, 2016.
To increase eligibility for the next cycle, members are encouraged to repeat the School Day activity(ies)** at least 2 times before the end of the IAPS financial year (August 31st 2017). The total number of participants in these activities may be smaller than the School Day itself.
Event preferences will be as follows:
- Financially smaller activities over big activities
- Events in multiple locations over single location (for NCs only)
- Going outside of your city over not going (for LCs and NCs going to rural areas)
- Target groups over general public
- Collaborations (with institutes, unis, other student association) are encouraged
Application deadline for this grant is October 19th, 2016, 23:59 CET and applications should be sent to grants(at)iaps(dot)info with edu(at)iaps(dot)info in cc. Applicants should be ready to for a meeting with the EC in two weeks after that if necessary. Results will be delivered to the applicants no later than October 26th. Successful applicants will be announced publicly, with their permission.
International Association of Physics Students IAPS
*Name, university, email and phone number. In case of multiple local members of NC/LC applying together, multiple organisers can be named (eg. one per city). In this case, separated reports may be submitted if the NC/ LC desires.
** This is to prevent equipment bought for School Day going to waste afterwards. If you have multiple activities but are applying with just one, you may choose what to repeat. You may choose a different location than original one. One-of-a-kind activities such as round tables and public lectures will be excused, but are encouraged to be repeated as well.