jIAPS Creative Contest 2023 is now open
Has your physics career suppressed your inner creativity? Do you need more outlets to express the talents you always – or never – knew you had? Unleash your inner artist with the jIAPS Creative Contest.
Winners will have their work published in jIAPS 2023, the journal of IAPS, and on the IAPS website. The winner will win a mystery prize (to be confirmed soon). The runner-ups will receive certificates and a small prize.
Provisional Deadline: 30th April 2023
Email your entry to email@example.com
- Submit a creative work using any medium you prefer (e.g. a photograph, poem, artwork, comic strip, music) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please ensure that the file you submit is of the highest definition; particularly for media such as photographs, artwork and comics.
- We recommend scanning any hand-drawn artworks and sending them as a PDF document.
If you’re looking for some inspiration, check out the creative works submitted to jIAPS in previous years. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com. We are looking forward to seeing your submissions.
This year, we plan to divide the Creative Contest into several categories, listed below:
- Helmholtz Music
(either original musical compositions or arrangements)
- Sabato Writing
(short stories and poems)
- Michaelson Drawing
(paintings, drawings, cartoons etc.)
- Huygens Photos
(Videos, animations and digital media)
- Schrödinger Competition
- Please also provide information about the artist with your submission. This preferably includes name, IAPS NC/LC (if applicable), university and photograph, sent separately from your entry.
- You can make multiple submissions.
- You must be a student of physics or a physics-related subject at university level to enter the competition (we may ask for proof).
- If you are not a physics student, we would still like to see your creative work – please send it to us. There is still the possibility that you will be featured on our website and awarded a certificate.
The contest will not be held if we do not receive enough applications. jIAPS reserves the right to change the contest prizes if necessary.
jIAPS has the right to edit articles for publication in print and/or online.