The program is now accepting applications until 11:59pm PDT on March 24, 2022.
Who can participate? Students who meet all the following criteria:
• Students who are interested in applying for graduate programs in Physics, Astronomy, Medical Physics or Engineering Physics in 2022 or 2023 (entry 2023 and 2024).
• Students who are women or non-binary, Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC), 2SLGBTQ+, living with disabilities, and/or are in the first generation in their family to attend university.
• The in person-participation is restricted to students from Canada, the US and Mexico. The online participation is open to students from anywhere.
Why join the program?
• A three-day workshop held at UBC campus (in-person and remote) from June 15 to June 18, 2022 to learn about physics research programs and graduate student life at UBC, engage in conversations with faculty members, research scientists and graduate students, experience an afternoon in a laboratory, visit laboratories, participate in workshops on preparing, improve their graduate program application and secure a paid research experience.
• Participants will also be paired up with UBC Physics & Astronomy mentors (graduate students and post-docs) who will continue to be in touch to provide support and guidance in participants’ journey to join graduate school in the future.
• All cost, including travel, will be paid by the program.
To apply visit here https://launchpad.phas.ubc.ca/