motions during primary events, and ultrafast imaging over the relevant length and time
scales to come to new levels of understanding of the interplay between structure and
Specific areas include theoretical and experimental aspects of condensed matter and atomically resolved dynamics, fundamental light-matter interaction, accelerator-based light sources, coherent imaging, coherent controlled molecular and solid state dynamics, molecule imaging, extreme timescale spectroscopy, ultrafast optics and x-ray science, which have relevance and applications in chemistry, biology and medicine.
• supervision and mentorship by internationally renowned experts
• state-of-the-art research facilities
• advanced training opportunities (scientific, skills, career) in English
• funding in form of contracts
We are looking for motivated applicants with an excellent academic background. Applicants will hold (or are about to complete) an MSc degree or an equivalent degree in physics, chemistry or related areas.
Apply online: http://www.mpsd.mpg.de/IMPRS
Deadline is 6th January 2017
15 PhD candidate positions on Biomedical Engineering and Medical Physics – Marie Skłodowska-Curie – COFUND: Kuopio Finland (coordination), Lund SE, Chieti-Pescara IT, Zaragoza ES, Oulu FI, Helsinki FI, Tampere FI, Turku FI
- Musculoskeletal biomechanics
- Molecular, cell and tissue engineering
- Multimodal neuroimaging
- Biomedical devices and diagnostics