This page contains information a candidate for Outreach Manager of the IAPS Executive Committee (EC) for the 2019/2020 term needs to know. Be sure to first read what any EC candidate needs to know.
Note: regarding the office description, it is important to know the tasks of EC members for a given year, considering what is defined in the Charter and Regulations, are proposed by the EC of the previous year. This proposal may be the object of changes during the Annual General Meeting (AGM) at which the EC members are elected by decision of AGM participants, either due to a specific proposal or as a result of Charter or Regulations changes.
The IAPS EC is proposing the following tasks for the Outreach Manager in the 2019/2020 EC term:
- Manage educational and informational events
- Propose and manage outreach activities
- Educational projects
These tasks are, essentially, the same as those in the ongoing term, without a specific mention to managing volunteers, although a working group should be set up to distribute workload that could be excessive to the Outreach Manager.
- Experience in outreach initiatives
- Criativity in designing activities, important for any outreach strategy
- Awareness capacity regarding the issues that the scientific community faces, for which outreach is an important tool of knowledge and proximity
What to expect right after the AGM
- Your first official EC meeting, still during ICPS, with the outgoing EC
- Your handover meeting with the outgoing Outreach Manager
- Review previous editions of IAPS School Day
What to expect throughout the year
- Communicating with several committees that might participate in IAPS School Day
- Receiving proposals for outreach activities
- Developing the Science outreach strategy of IAPS
Are you ready to run? Go back here and check how you announce your candidature.
If you’re unsure about running, recall what the great wizard Gandalf once said: “All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.”