This page contains the information a candidate for PR manager of the IAPS Executive Committee (EC) for the 2019/2020 term needs to know. Be sure to first read what any EC candidate needs to know.
Note: regarding the office description, it is important to know the tasks of EC members for a given year, considering what is defined in the Charter and Regulations, are proposed by the EC of the previous year. This proposal may be the object of changes during the Annual General Meeting (AGM) at which the EC members are elected by decision of AGM participants, either due to a specific proposal or as a result of Charter or Regulations changes.
The IAPS EC is proposing the following tasks for the PR Manager in the 2019/2020 term:
- Promote IAPS events on social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Manage the newsletter
- Manage promotional material (presentations, posters, etc.)
- Manage merchandise platform (Teespring store)
- Update the IAPS website content
- Coordinate visual communication
- Manage the Student Ambassador Programme
- Handle design questions
- Manage the PR Working Group
The only change from the current job description for this office is the addition of the management of the merchandise platform, to be released until the end of the 2018/2019 term, which will become a permanent platform.
- Availability, as it needs a lot of time to get into all the different programmes and setup one’s own procedures to manage the tasks
- Creativity in designing
- Experience in proper writing in different contexts
- Experience in WordPress or similar for editing and updating the IAPS website
- Experience in handling social media channels (especially how to reach the most people)
- Text summarization like for the newsletter
What to expect right after the AGM (if elected):
- Your first official EC meeting, still during ICPS, including the outgoing EC
- Your handover meeting with the outgoing PR Manager
- Take a look at the posts that were done throughout the finishing term on social media and the IAPS website, plus the merchandise platform, so you can start thinking of some designs
What to expect during the year:
- Preparing the TOPs connected to your work in PR
- Keeping the news feed of the IAPS website up to date
- Promoting IAPS, its events and announcements of collaborators through our social media channels and email
- Writing and sending the monthly Newsletter
- Preparing the business cards for the new EC
- Staying connected to the Editor-in-chief of jIAPS and improve the sponsorships connected to jIAPS in coordination with the Treasurer
- Improving the merchandising platform with new design ideas
Are you ready to run? Go back here and check how you announce your candidature.
To paraphrase “The Godfather”, make the AGM an offer they can’t refuse!