Have you ever thought that the IAPS website could be better or attended the AGM and wanted to help make the electronic voting system even better? If so, and if you are interested in IT and ready to volunteer for a great organization, the IT Working Group is the place to be for you!
Join a team of Executive Committee members and volunteers maintaining, updating, and recreating our IT infrastructure. You will get to put your skills to use in various different tasks, learn some new skills on the way, and most importantly meet some great new people.
The main tasks for 2020/2021 are in short:
- designing a brand new IAPS website,
- optimizing the current systems,
- new points the subcommittee decides to work on,
- and quite possibly trying to do a couple of experiments with very exciting (new) technologies
If you are interested in joining us in the IT Working Group, send an informal application to the IT Manager and answer shortly to the following questions:
- How much time are you able to invest in working with the Working Group (estimate a weekly average)?
- What are the main topics that you are interested in?
- How are your technical skills (especially programming and web page maintenance)?
- Extra: a crazy but super good idea you have ???
The above questions are just for us to tailor suitable tasks for each of you; all motivated people are welcome to join – with or without technical skills! We would also like to emphasize that while technical skills like basic programming skills are favourable, they are not necessarily required as many of the tasks can include a lot of planning and trying to see what the end user might see. That is why also non-technical feeling people are also encouraged to join!