Have you ever thought that the IAPS website could be better? Perhaps you took part in the Members’ Network workshop this August at ICPS, and now want to contribute to an IAPS wiki? If so, or if you are interested in IT and eager to volunteer for a great organisation, the IT subcommittee is for you.
Join a team of Executive Committee members and volunteers maintaining, updating, and recreating our IT infrastructure. You will get to put your skills in use in various different tasks, learn some new skills on the way, and most importantly meet some great new people.
The main projects for 2017/2018 are in short:
- Working on the IAPS Member Network and Wiki,
- Improving the robustness of the IAPS electronic voting system,
- Redesigning the IAPS website,
- Considering and then possibly working on an ICPS / IAPS app, and
- Whatever else shows up and the subcommittee wants to work on.
The above projects require a variety of skills, so there will be something for everyone throughout the year.
If you are interested in IT, or are interested in helping to create the Member Network and Wiki together with the Members and IT subcommittees, send an informal application to the IT Manager and answer shortly to the following questions:
- How much time are you able to invest in working with the subcommittee (estimate a weekly average)?
- What are the main topics that you are interested in?
- How are your technical skills (especially programming and web page maintenance)?
The above questions are just for us to tailor suitable tasks for each of you; all motivated people are welcome to join! We would also like to emphasise that while technical skills are favourable, they are not required as the possible tasks vary from moderating wiki articles and a forum to actually doing programming work with different projects.